Mission and Objectives
IEEE Region 9’s mission is to provide services to our professional and student members that support the process of creation, development and integration of Engineering, sharing and applying knowledge about technologies and electrical and information sciences, adapting them to our conditions and needs, with the aim of promoting the social and economic development of humanity in the Latin American Region.
Towards achieving these achievements, the Region:
- Supports the interests of members, whose technical and professional objectives
match the Region’s responsibilities within the IEEE
- Encourage student activities and provide general oversight to the operation of Student Branches within the Region.
- Provides professional recognition of the achievements of region members through awards, recognitions and nominations for Senior and Fellow distinctions from IEEE.
- Circulates periodical publications with articles, news, announcements and other information of interest for the regional membership.
- Provides training opportunities for its members through workshops and seminars.
- Collaborates with Chapters and Sections in the promotion and implementation of programs for the education of their members.
- Coordinates membership development programs.
- Collaborates with the Councils and Sections in the holding of technical congresses.
- Promotes members’ participation in technical activities.
- Promotes technical speakers visits to different locations within the Region to present conferences for the professional improvement of its members.
- Promotes the use of electronic communications as an effective communication media given the conditions of geographical dispersion of our Region membership.