Awards & Recognition
The IEEE Awards Board (AB) manages the highest IEEE medals, awards and recognitions. Through its Awards Program, IEEE advances the interests of its members by recognizing their contributions in the advancement of the fields of interest of IEEE for the benefit of society. In this way, the image and prestige of the profession, the organization and its members are all improved. The IEEE Awards Program honors members and other professionals for their service to society. For more details, visit the IEEE awards website.
MGA Awards Program
For more information please visit: https://mga.ieee.org/awards
EAB Awards Program
For more information please visit: http://www.ieee.org/education_careers/education/awards/index.html
The Region 9 Awards & Recognitions Committee presents the information and rules for each of the awards given by R9.
1. IEEE Region 9 Eminent Engineer Award
The “Ingeniero Eminente del IEEE Latinoamérica” award is established as a recognition for those members belonging to any of the Sections that make up the Latin American Region, who have contributed significantly to the promotion and growth of the professional disciplines that are part of IEEE.
2. IEEE Region 9 “Oscar C. Fernández” Outstanding Volunteer Award
This Prize is instituted as a way to recognize and stimulate IEEE volunteers in Region 9 and as a means of recognizing those who have contributed in an outstanding way in its Section.
3. IEEE Region 9 Best Achievement of the Year Award
This Prize will be awarded to the Section that, in the opinion of the Regional Committee, has carried out an activity of such importance in the year prior to the meeting, which deserves this recognition according to the evaluation criteria described below.
4. IEEE Region 9 Outstanding Student and Young Professional Activities Supporter Award
Formerly Theodore W. Hissey Award (2004-2018)
IEEE Theodore W. Hissey Award, for the contribution to Student and Young Professionals activities in the IEEE Latin American Region.
5. IEEE Region 9 Meritorious Service Award
This Award is designed to recognize Region 9 members who, through their professional and technical skills, have made outstanding and remarkable contributions to the Institute, its communities, peers and fellow professionals.
6. IEEE Region 9 Outstanding Section Award
This award is to recognize the outstanding success of a Section in the fulfillment of its objectives – in accordance with the IEEE policy – through the organization of technical, professional and geographical activities for the benefit of its members and through maintenance, improvement and Support for Student Branches, Chapters and Affinity Groups within their geographical boundaries.
7. IEEE Region 9 Discretional Award
This award is designed to provide tools to the Regional Director so that he or she can recognize individual contributions to the Region, Sections and IEEE, based on the achievements and contributions of volunteers.
To apply for these awards you must do it in the following link Postulaciones
Student Awards & Recognition
There are different calls at the student level to recognize the leaders and the most outstanding Student Branches of Region 9.
On behalf of the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Board (MGA) we have the following awards:
- Larry K. Wilson Regional Student Activities Award
- IEEE Regional Exemplary Student Branch Award
- IEEE Outstanding Branch Counselor and Branch Chapter Advisor Award
- The Darrel Chong Student Activity Award
For more information about MGA Student Awards & Recognitions click here.
In addition there are Awards & Recognitions promoted by the R9 SAC Team :
- Website Regional Student Contest
- Success Case Regional Student Contest
- TISP Regional Student Contest
- Exemplary Technical Chapter Regional Student Contest
- Exemplary Affinity Group Regional Student Contest
- IEEE Day Regional Student Contest
- Student Photography Contest
- Ethics Regional Student Contest
For more information about R9 SAC Team Student Awards & Recognitions click here.
To see the winners of previous Student Contests click here.