STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics as access points to guide student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
- 14:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sarmiento Historical Museum (Cuba 2070, Buenos Aires City)
14.00 – 14.30: Entry and reception. Registration of event attendees.
14.30 – 14.40: Presentation of the event and the museum. In charge of Virginia Fernanda González.
14.40 – 14.50: Presentation of the event: Argentine Scientific Society, Games Technical Committee. By Daniela López De Luise (IEEE CIS, WIE).
14.50 – 16.20: Introductory panel.
Objective: Introduce to the subject, present approaches and specifically see scopes, reality, perspectives.
Mode: Debate panel. The moderator will ask a question and give 5 minutes per question to each panelist.
- Graciela Esnaola (UNTREF / Grupo Alfas).
- Enrique Draier (Argentine Scientific Society)
- Carlos Pérez (IEEE CIS GTC, VJ/gamification/ transmedia)
- Pablo Vilaboa (Inter-American Open University)
- Alejandro Tortolini (University of St. Andrew)
- Alejandro Iparraguirre (FUNDAV)
- Nicolas Crescenzi (DEVA)
- Nahuel Morales (PEGI-LAR)
- Gustavo del Dago (Sadosky Foundation)
- Sergio Andrés Rondan (Replay Research Magazine)
Moderator: Cecilia Barat (journalist)
16.20 – 16.30: Short break. Coffee break.
16.30 – 17.15: Deployment Panel.
Objective: Present the different STEAM implementations made in various parts of the country.
Modality: Exhibition panel and exchange with public. The moderator will present the theme and each speaker will take 15 minutes with slides.
- Manuel Dorrego School (experience in 5th grade, transversal to subjects).
- UCSE Jujuy / IEEE Jujuy Student Branch, (experience with Robotics and Extracurricular Electronics).
- UADER Between Rios (experience in teaching and biological topics).
Moderator: Ing. Enrique Draier.
17.15 – 17.30: Exchange session with the public.
17.30 – 19.00: Session of interaction with the authors. In this space attendees will be able to interact with the authors of educational video games, and learn about some successful experiences. You can also try the exposed video games.
- Andrea B. Rocca
- Nahuel Morales
- Sergio Andrés Rondan
- Aaron Rodriguez
- Alejandro Iparraguirre
- Mauro Bejarano
- Sebastian Blanco and team
- Lucas Simons
- Emanuel Berdichevsky