The objective of this committee is to stimulate and encourage the responsible use of automated tools in administrative matters and technical operations of the IEEE. This includes the training of volunteers within the region who use automated tools provided to simplify administrative tasks, reduce the time spent for managing activities and assist in the development of members.
Functions of the Information Management Committee are:
- Train in the use of automated tools available to support the administrative affairs and technical operations.
- Advocate the use of MGA Information Management (IM) tools by volunteers and members. For example: EWH, sites.ieee.org, virtual communities, listserv mailing lists, vtools, e-notice, among others.
- Show the highest standards of collaboration, collegiality, and respect.
- Keep the official electronic communication lists updated.
- Ensure that the entities and individuals of the region make proper use of the electronic services (e-notice, mailing list, etc.) according to the guidelines established in the IEEE regulations.
- Develop, update and advertise the Region 9 web portal (r9.ieee.org).
- Update the Regional WEB pages and links to sections pages.
- Update information on committees, Regional Meetings and other events in the Region as sent by volunteers.
- Ensure that all pages follow the regulations of the IEEE Entity Web Hosting.
- Be the liaison with HQ to organize electronic voting.
- Create a website for the Regional Meetings in case the organizing Local Committee does not have a person to do it.
- Support the Regional Newsletter (NoticIEEEro) Committee in the electronic distribution of news and materials of interest to the regional membership.
- Provide support to the Regional Committee, Councils, Sections and Student Branches of Region 9 on information flow within the virtual community through interactive communication.
- Among others
|Marcela B. Vallejos