IEEE Game Technical Committee CIS. GTC, through Video Games and Gamification Engineering, held a day of discussion with the purpose of connecting the educational, scientific and video game development areas.
Nexum's activity involved the formation of an academic table with representatives of public and private educational institutions, and actors in the video game industry (developers, educators and professionals).
The topics under consideration by the academic table were:
- Analyze the video game curriculums of different educational institutions of the world, with the aim of thinking about a common model of content that serves as a quality floor for professional training.
- Diagnose the state of status of the academic offer, in terms of the existing problem.
- Discuss the relevance of video game engineering.
- Consider the definition of terminology specific to the video game industry.
- Evaluate the establishment of standardized production procedures for the video game industry.
In addition, GTC-certified talks and workshops were held on:
- Virtual Reality.
Nexum was held on Saturday, November 12, 2016, at the Cassará Foundation (Av. May 1196, esq. Salta, Buenos Aires City).